Food Nutrition Services
- Food and Nutrition Services is a federal food assistance program that provides low-income families the food they need for a nutritionally adequate diet. Benefits are issued via electronic benefit cards (ebt).
- The USDS funds the Food and Nutrition Services program to decrease hunger by providing children and low-income people access to food.
- Eligibility is based on family size and income (130% and 200% federal poverty level).
Food and Nutrition Services Rights
You Have The Right To:
- Receive an application, and have your application accepted on the same day that you go to the local Food and Nutrition Services office;
- Turn in your application the same day you receive it;
- Have an adult who knows your situation apply for you if you cannot get to the local Food and Nutrition Services office;
- Get Food and Nutrition Services bencfits within 30 days after you apply if you do qualify for them;
- Get Food and Nutrition Services benefits within 7 days if you are in immediate peed and qualify for faster service;
- Not be discriminated against because you are elderly or because of sex, race, color, disability, religious creed, national origin, or political beliefs.
- Have a fair hearing if you disagree with any action taken on your case.